Sweet potato and red lentil soup
One of my favourites and so filling, delicious and heats you up on a cold day!
Prep: 10 mins, Cook: 25mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped roughly
3 sticks of celery, trimmed and chopped roughly
50g of red lentils
1 litre/4 cups vegetable stock
1. Put the oil over a medium heat, add the onion and sauté for 10 minutes without colouring.
2. Add the sweet potato, carrot, celery and lentils and coat in the oil.
3. Toss so they are well coated and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook for 25 minutes or until the lentils are soft and the sweet potato is tender.
6. Puree until everything is smooth. Check the seasoning, reheat and serve.
7. Add in a dollop of crème fraiche if you aren't dairy free
8. Enjoy 🙂
Optional: Puree briefly, so everything is chunky rather than smooth.