Made these absolutely divine protein bars from the Happy Pear. Adults and kids couldn’t get enough of them. Great to know that there are so many seeds in the recipe, you feel like you are getting some goodness! They are grain free so naturally gluten free and wheat free – always a bonus! They made a great after school snack for my girls too. They are very filling, decadent and truly delicious!
120g pumpkin seeds
50g desiccated coconut
50g sesame seeds
80g ground flax seeds
40g chia seeds
45g goji berries
250g pitted dates
150g melted coconut oil
75ml honey/agave syrup (I used agave syrup)
4 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Pulse all the dry ingredients in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Place dry mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Drain the dates, put into the food processor with the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. This might take some time and you may have to scrape the sides.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- Spread the mix evenly into a deep pan baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Place into the fridge for at least 30mins. Then cut into bars and store in an airtight container.